It's Your Birth
I will be there to support you and your partner in achieving your ideal birth. I will empower your birthing family by providing emotional and physical support, continuity and a grounding presence.
Why Have a Doula?
As your Doula, I can help:
- Prepare your birth plan
- Put into practice what you learned in your childbirth preparation classes
- Provide reassurance about normal labor symptoms
- Comfort the laboring mother with a variety of techniques, from massage to aromatherapy
- Support your partner to be the best help possible
- Take photographs of your labor and birth
Doula-assisted mothers are four times less likely to have a low birth weight baby, two times less likely to experience a birth complication involving themselves or their baby, and significantly more likely to initiate breastfeeding, according to a study in the Journal of Perinatal Education.